“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
Before we get into my story, I’m going to tell you how to pronounce my last name.
It’s pronounced phonetically and it rhymes with rye, lye, and dye. (van-why)
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way welcome to my blog.
I’m Candice, a 20-something designer (graphic & UX) and entrepreneur. I’ve spent my career so far as a freelancer doing design, admin, and marketing for small to medium sized businesses.
Because I do THE ABSOLUTE MOST in almost every situation, I decided to open a social club and office space for small business owners and creatives in Atlanta, GA.
Brown Girl Bloggers came about as a way to connect, encourage, and support women of color who create content online. When I started blogging I could barely find any other women of color so instead of begging for inclusion I decided to make a place for us and I’m pretty damn proud of it.
All in all I do a lot but it beats working a 9-5 amiright????
If any of this interests you make sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter.
Oh, and if you follow actually talk to me. Don’t be weird.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
– I lived in California for 5 years from 2013 – 2018.
– I love coffee and I’m kind of a snob about it.
– I’m a huge fan of supporting local businesses.
– I plan to sell my stuff and travel the world at some point.
– I love ice cream and almost never pass up a chance to eat it.
– My favorite colors are green and yellow.
– I’m spontaneous and I like it that way.
– I don’t like to cook but I can order a mean takeout.
– I have to know what it’s like to live in Brooklyn before I die.
– Oh, and I’m weird, very weird.